****Please Receive our Apologies for Cross-postings******
CALL FOR PAPERS
1st International Workshop on Smart Circular Economy
Santorini Island, Greece – May 31st, 2019
to be held in conjuction with the
15th International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems
IEEE DCOSS 2019 – https://www.dcoss.org
Santorini Island, Greece – May 29-31, 2019
Paper Submission Deadline: March 3, 2019 AoE
Acceptance Notification: April 1, 2019 AoE
Camera Ready Submission Deadline: April 15, 2019 AoE
Early Registration Deadline: April 10, 2019 AoE
Workshop Dates: May 30, 2019
Accepted papers will appear in IEEE Xplore.
Circular Economy is a paradigm for sustainable growth that envisions the transformation of how modern societies design, produce and consume goods and services towards a regenerative economic cycle. Future and emerging technologies, such as 5G, the blockchain, and crowdsourced sensing systems, along with innovative models and paradigms, such as the Internet of Things, Industry 4.0, and community networks, will play an important role in the transition to Circular Economy by enabling and facilitating, among others, digitization (efficient asset management, open data, etc.) and collaboration (co-innovation, shared value creation, etc.).
Smart Circular Economy – SmaCE is an international workshop focusing on the role of ICT as an enabler for Circular Economy. This workshop will bring together scientists, researchers as well as relevant stakeholders from the industry and local communities, to share and exchange their experiences, discuss challenges, and report state-of-the-art and in-progress research lying in the intersection of ICT and Circular Economy.
Accepted and presented papers will be included in the same proceedings volume as the IEEE DCOSS 2019 proceedings, listed in all major publication indexes (IEEE Xplore, DBLP, Scopus, etc)
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
– Architectures for collecting and curating data generated by distributed, heterogeneous smart assets.
– Technology enablers for Circular Economy – Internet of Things, 5G, Software Defined Networks, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, Neural Networks and other.
– Smart Infrastructure – Smart Grid, Utility Networks (water, gas, waste, etc.), Transport Networks and other.
– Crowdsensing, Internet of Things and Participatory Sensing, Crowdsourced Systems and Architectures
– The Blockchain and other Distributed Ledger Technologies for Smart Circular Economy -asset tracking, smart contracts, micro-transactions, etc.
– In-depth case studies illustrating Circular Economy performance and efficiency in terms of people, the planet and profit.
– Applications of Smart Circular Economy technologies in verticals such as healthcare, transportation, energy, citizen safety, and other.
– Interdependency between Digital and Physical Networks; e.g. communication and utility networks.
– Data-driven business models, Open Innovation, Co-creation and shared value creation
– RFID, NFC and other technologies for asset management
– Low-Power Networks – LoRa, SigFox, NB-IoT, IPv6-enabled IoT, Industrial IoT
– Smart services and service provisioning
– Requirements engineering for Circular Economy
– Security, Privacy and Trust for Smart Circular Economy
Submission & Proceedings
SmaCE 2019 is sponsored by the EU H2020 projects CE-IoT (https://www.ce-iot.eu/) and Ideal-Cities (https://www.ideal-cities.eu/). Accepted and presented papers will be included in the same proceedings volume as the IEEE DCOSS 2019 proceedings, listed in all major publication indexes (IEEE Xplore, DBLP, Scopus, etc).
Submitted papers must be prepared in English (UK or US spelling), following the IEEE two-column Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings (available here) with a maximum length of eight (8) printed pages including text, figures, and references. Authors may add at most two (2) pages, but only for an appendix, i.e. these two pages contain supplementary material only. The additional two pages will incur overlength charges at 100USD/page. Note that the Workshop follows a single-blind review policy.
The names and affiliations of all the authors must be presented in the submitted manuscript. No-show papers submitted by authors who did not present the paper in-person will not be included in the workshop proceedings. No refund of the paid fees can be claimed by the no-show authors. Presentations by proxies are not allowed, unless explicitly approved by the organisers.
Marios Angelopoulos, Bournemouth University, UK
[Technical Program Co-Chairs]
Giorgos Demetriou, Ecole des Ponts Business School, France
Sotiris Ioannidis, FORTH, Greece
Vasilis Katos, Bournemouth University, UK
Sotiris Nikoletseas, University of Patras, Greece
Khaled Soufani, University of Cambridge, UK
Technical Programme Committee can be found at: