The 5th Highlights of Algorithms conference (HALG 2020) will take place in Zürich, June 3 – 5, 2020.
The Interest Group on Algorithmic Foundations of Information Technology (IGAFIT) was founded in early 2014. Its main goals are:
- integrating the European algorithms community,
- identifying key research challenges and themes where algorithms play fundamental role,
- Pioneering new methods and approaches to dealing with modern algorithmic challenges,
- Coordinating the algorithms community in its efforts to apply for EU funding,
- Providing a forum for scientific exchange of European researchers in algorithms.
The formal inception of the group has occurred at the 1st European Meeting on Algorithmic Challenges of Big Data (ACBD 2014) in May 2014.
A core initiative of IGAFIT has been to establish a new international Highlight of Algorithm conference (HALG):
- HALG 2016 in Paris in 2016,
- HALG 2017 in Berlin in 2017,
- HALG 2018 in Amsterdam in 2018,
- HALG 2019 in Copenhagen in 2019,
- HALG 2020 in Zürich 2020.
Another core initiative of IGAFIT has been to establish a new workshop for algorithms postdocs in Europe:
- the inaugural 1st IGAFIT Workshop for Algorithms Postdocs in Europe (AlgPiE by IGAFIT) took place in Będlewo Palace, Poland, October 14 – 18, 2019.
To become an IGAFIT member you needs to have a support from 3 IGAFIT members. After securing such support please email Piotr Sankowski at firstname.lastname@example.org.