The new edition of Highlights of Algorithms is coming! HALG 2019 will take place in Copenhagen, June 14-16, 2019. HALG 2019 web page will be available here shortly.
The Interest Group on Algorithmic Foundations of Information Technology (IGAFIT) was founded in early 2014. Its main goals are:
- Integrating the European algorithms community,
- Identifying key research challenges and themes where algorithms play fundamental role,
- Pioneering new methods and approaches to dealing with modern algorithmic challenges,
- Coordinating the algorithms community in its efforts to apply for EU funding,
- Providing a forum for scientific exchange of European researchers in algorithms.
The formal inception of the group has occurred at the 1st European Meeting on Algorithmic Challenges of Big Data (ACBD 2014) in May 2014.
A core initiative of IGAFIT has been to establish a new international Highlight of Algorithm conference (HALG). The first conference in the series, HALG 2016 took place in Paris in 2016 and HALG 2017 will take place in Berlin, June 9 – 11, 2017.
To become an IGAFIT member you needs to have a support from 3 IGAFIT members. After securing such support please email Piotr Sankowski at email@example.com.