The Interest Group on Algorithmic Foundations of Information Technology (IGAFIT) was founded in early 2014. Its main goals are:
- Integrating the European algorithms community,
- Identifying key research challenges and themes where algorithms play fundamental role,
- Pioneering new methods and approaches to dealing with modern algorithmic challenges,
- Coordinating the algorithms community in its efforts to apply for EU funding,
- Providing a forum for scientific exchange of European researchers in algorithms.
The formal inception of the group has occurred at the 1st European Meeting on Algorithmic Challenges of Big Data (ACBD 2014) in May 2014.
To become an IGAFIT member you needs to have a support from 3 IGAFIT members. After securing such support please email Piotr Sankowski at email@example.com.