The official call for nominations is at this URL at the European Association
for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS), see http://bit.ly/2dIL4Sf
Deadline: December 31, 2016
– VERY IMPORTANT: all nominees and nominators must be EATCS Members
– Proposals for Fellow consideration in 2017 should be submitted by DECEMBER 31st,
2016 by email to the EATCS Secretary (secretary “at” eatcs “dot” org).
The subject line of the email should read
“EATCS Fellow Nomination – “.
The EATCS Fellows Program is established by the Association to recognise
outstanding EATCS Members for their scientific achievements in the field of
Theoretical Computer Science. The Fellow status is conferred by the EATCS
Fellows-Selection Committee upon a person having a track record of intellectual
and organisational leadership within the EATCS community. Fellows are expected
to be “model citizens” of the TCS community, helping to develop the standing
of TCS beyond the frontiers of the community.
In order to be considered by the EATCS Fellows-Selection Committee, candidates
must be nominated by at least four EATCS Members. Please verify your membership
The EATCS Fellows-Selection Committee consists of
– Rocco De Nicola (IMT Lucca, Italy)
– Paul Goldberg (Oxford, UK, chair)
– Anca Muscholl (Bordeaux, France)
– Dorothea Wagner (Karlsruhe, Germany)
– Roger Wattenhofer (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
INSTRUCTIONS: A nomination should consist of details on the items below.
It can be co-signed by several EATCS members. At least two nomination letters
per candidate are recommended. If you are supporting the nomination from
within the candidate’s field of expertise, it is expected that you will be
specific about the individual’s technical contributions.
To be considered, nominations for 2016 must be received by December 31, 2016.
1. Name of candidate, Candidate’s current affiliation and position, Candidate’s
email address, postal address and phone number, Nominator(s) relationship to
2. Short summary of candidate’s accomplishments (citation – 25 words or less)
3. Candidate’s accomplishments: Identify the most important contributions that
qualify the candidate for the rank of EATCS Fellow according to the following
A) Technical achievements
B) Outstanding service to the TCS community. Please limit your comments to at
most three pages.
4. Nominator(s): Name(s) Affiliation(s), email and postal address(es), phone number(s)
Please note: all nominees and nominators must be EATCS Members