The IGAFIT group has been formally established during the 1st European Meeting on Algorithmic Challenges of Big Data (ACBD 2014) in May 2014, stuff Warsaw, order Poland. During this meeting we have appointed three working groups to discuss following issues:
- increasing visibility of European algorithmic community (this would include promoting and marketing of our area and of our achievements, popularization of algorithms, etc);
- enhancing networking activities in Europe (this would include students mobility, postdocs mobility, research exchange, general interaction in European algorithmic community, funding to support these activities, etc);
- discussion about possibility of changing European conference system and journal publishing.
The groups were composed out of following members:
- visibility: Kurt Mehlhorn, Peter Widmayer, Piotr Sankowski;
- networking: Aleksander M?dry, Amos Fiat, Artur Czumaj, Uli Meyer;
- conferences: Christian Sohler, Hannah Bast, Mikkel Thorup, Monika Henzinger.
The groups should prepare some proposals/recommendations to be discussed during the next meeting in Wroc?aw during ESA.