This message is just to spread the news that everybody interested can now take part in the seminars during the semester programs Satisfiability: Theory, Practice, and Beyond and Theoretical Foundations of Computer Systems running at the Simons Institute at UC Berkeley this spring 2021.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic these programs will be organized as virtual events, which is a bit sad, but on the bright side this opens up for much wider participation than a normal, physical semester program. Anybody who registers in advance will be able to take part in all tutorial lectures and workshops. As a general rule, events will be held 8:30 – 10:30 am PST (5:30 – 7:30 pm CET) to try to cater for participants in different time zones.
The tutorial lectures in the Theoretical Foundations of Computer Systems Boot Camp will be held this coming week, January 25 – 29, 2021, with a pre-recorded component that participants are encouraged to watch in advance. For more information and registration, go to https://simons.berkeley.edu/workshops/tfcs2021-boot-camp.
The week after, February 1 – 5, 2021, will features the tutorials in the Satisfiability: Theory, Practice, and Beyond Boot Camp, having the same set-up with a pre-re-recorded component followed by live talks every day 8:30 – 10:30 am PST (5:30 – 7:30 pm CET). See https://simons.berkeley.edu/workshops/sat-2021-bc for registration and more details.
Starting in the second week of February and lasting till early May, there will be weekly seminars as follows (see the webpages for more details and registration):
- Mondays: Synthesis of Models and Systems https://simons.berkeley.edu/workshops/tfcs2021-1
- Tuesday: Beyond Satisfiability https://simons.berkeley.edu/workshops/sat-2021-1
- Wednesdays: Theoretical Foundations of SAT/SMT Solving https://simons.berkeley.edu/workshops/tfcs2021-sat2021-joint
- Thursdays: 50 Years of Satisfiability: The Centrality of SAT in the Theory of Computing https://simons.berkeley.edu/workshops/sat-2021-3
- Fridays: Games and Equilibria in System Design and Analysis https://simons.berkeley.edu/workshops/tfcs2021-2