The 2nd meeting of the Interest Group on Algorithmic Foundations of Information Technology (IGAFIT) took place on September 7, 2014, at the Institute of Computer Science, University of Wrocław, just before ESA, the main European conference in algorithms. During the meeting there has been a discussion on key challenges faces by the European community in algorithms, focusing on the following main issues:
- funding opportunities in algorithms,
- proposal to establish the European Post-Doctoral Institute in Algorithms,
- visibility working group recommendations,
- networking working group recommendations,
- conference working group recommendations, and
- IGAFIT statute.
A brief summary of the discussion at the meeting is available here.